Friday 2 July 2010

The Beginning

I want to own and run my own clothing line. When people ask what do i do i want to say "I'm an entrepreneur" or "I own my own business" rather than, "I work 9 to 5 in an office". This blog will document my influences, my interests, my work, my university briefs and anything else i'm looking at.

I first go the idea to run my clothing line around 3 years ago, i managed to get myself on a week long young entrepreneurs course with young business minds also attending. It was a quick crash course in business and what to do, what not to do, professional business people telling us there stories, how to better your business and how to target your audience etc. It didn't make me an expert but i definatly left there knowing a lot more about my business than i did when i entered.

It made me hungry to get out and do it, but the process of sending my designs to a printing company who did nothing but give me false deadlines of when they would be done and the lack of communication really put me off but i learnt something from these people, i learnt to not rely on other people, they just don't care like you do. That was a while ago and since then i've moved house, got room to store and space to work on my clothing line, i've got better ideas than i had and made a number of useful contacts that will serve me well when i'm ready to launch the line.

Now I've just got to do it, Hopefully you can follow me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment