Friday 16 July 2010

The Coen Brothers



My dad brought me a Coen Brothers DVD Collection for xmas, its taken me until now to watch them all and I actually enjoyed 3 out of the 4 films. The box set contained 'The Big Lebowski', 'The Hudsucker Proxy', 'Barton Fink' and 'Blood Simple'. I didn't enjoy Barton Fink, it took forever to get going and then never actually did, the murder in the movie which turned out to be the highlight, came 10 minutes from the end and was wrapped up and concluded very quickly. 'The Hudsucker Proxy' was a brilliant film, very funny, heart warming with great characters sporting many great accents and brilliant script writing keeping me entertained throughout. Really love the film poster for it (above) as that flimsy, old, used piece of paper is shown in the film and sums up the film very simply.
'Blood Simple' was made in 1983 and is the story of a jealous bar owner hiring a hitman to kill his wife and her lover, but with a twist, obviously. The suspense and tension is captured really well, the texas setting feels a perfect and mysterious setting for the plot. Not a bad present in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment